- What factors influence the decision-making process of a president?
- chief executive
- executive agreement
- executive order
- executive privilege
- formal powers
- informal powers
- Now that we've analyzed the formal and informal powers of the president, Congress's ability (or perhaps the lack thereof) to limit the president's power, and the overall power to make war, the next logical step is to look into how the president uses such powers when making important decisions. This lesson is very much a capstone for the previous three, bringing everything we've learned in those lessons together.
- First, as a review The files"Formal Powers" and Informal Powers" below.
- Full understanding of these is necessary for moving forward with today's activity.
- Review the "Analyzing Presidential Decisions" below. With your partner, go through each scenario and fill in the chart as you go. Discuss and analyze together the decisions made in each scenario. Once completed, you will then discuss and debate each in your full groups, then with the full class.