yes, yes, yes, welcome back! We are going to refresh our understanding of political culture and how that shapes voting behavior with the following activities.
activity 1: How demographics will shape the 2016 presidential election
- watch this interview and read the accompanying article from Fivethirtyeight's that addresses how demographics will shape the 2016 presidential election. if you have time, i suggest you look around their site.
Click to set custom HTML
- Complete a triangle, circle, square analysis
- Triangle- 3 main points that "stuck out"
- Circle- 2 questions that you can't "wrap your head around"
- Square- Main idea summary that you have "squared away"
Activity 2: what would it take to turn blue states red?
- Access the following link and answer the accompanying questions from the graphic organizer.
- Be prepared to discuss your results and thoughts with the class.