explain everything tutorial
great student-friendly explain everything tutorials!
using a stylus...
create a presentation using a pdf...
recording a website...
Mirroring w/ airplay...
arranging & grouping objects...
using the timeline...
Tips and Tricks for use:
- Be prepared and organised: keep your video as concise as possible. Pause your recording instead of fumbling around.
- Undo: The Undo/Redo button is your best friend!
- Order: When you create a new project from screenshots or camera roll items, the order you choose the items will be the order of slides.
- Slide Sorter: familiarise yourself with the “slide sorter” by clicking on the slide number in the bottom bar. Hold down on a slide then rearrange, duplicate and delete at your will. (be careful with delete as you can’t get them back!!!)
- Annotations: The inking works nicely now but it is best to avoid annotating live, instead pause, do your annotating and then start recording again.
- No need for stop-start: when you have blank slides ready to go then just start recording and advance the slides while narrating as it will look after the timing. if you make a mistake you can just go back and fix the errant slide after.
- Transparent background with graphics: having graphics with transparent backgrounds before you add them in allows for some great effects as you move them around while recording.
- Mute microphone for video playback: “mute” microphone for when you play an embed a video with audio within your recording otherwise you can get an echo. (home>settings>record)
- Fine-tune edit slides: click on the “time” in your tool bar and you will be able to rerecord or merge with a new recording where you want.
- Deleting stuff: Be careful! Once you record over something it is gone! Once you delete a slide, it is gone! Save often so you can revert if it goes awry.
- Arranging Elements: use the i in a box to lock and or arrange elements.
- Importing files: make the slides the background so you don’t accidentally drag them all over the place. “Open in” straight from keynote and other apps. Widescreen imports are dropped at the top of the screen so need to be slid down into the guides if you are exporting widescreen.
- Wide Screen export: you can now export as 1920×1080 you just need to make sure you choose to show the guides and keep everything within them.
- Folders and Merging Projects: if you drag one project onto another in the home view you will be able to merge the projects or create a folder.
- Final Rendering: allow time for this, you cannot leave the app while it is doing this.