Digital Safety Resources
- The evolution of technology over the past two decades has expanded our horizons exponentially. Today, educational technology is a vital tool in our quest towards acquiring the skills necessary to be effective in the 21st century globalized marketplace and society. As the presence of technology rapidly permeates all aspects of our lives, we will be able to access unprecedented amounts of information, but we must be cognizant that there are consequences to our "digital citizenship."
- Below, I have provided valuable resources to aid you in your quest to ensure self-awareness, ethical behavior, and of the threats that lurk pervasively.
stay safe online
- The following links and descriptions have been thoroughly vetted and endorsed by the United states department of homeland security, whom recognizes cyber-terrorism as one of the greatest threats in the 21st century.
stay safe online
- "The National Cybersecurity Alliance’s mission is to educate and empower a digital society to use the internet safely and securely at home, work, and school, protecting the technology individuals’ use, the networks they connect to, and our shared digital assets. Stay Safe Online is one tool that will teach users to protect themselves online and make the web a safer place."
- "iKeepSafe gives parents, educators, and policymakers the tools to teach children the safe and healthy use of technology and the internet through various online educational programs."
- "The National CyberWatch Center’s goals are focused on cybersecurity education at all levels, from elementary through graduate school and include curriculum development, student development, career pathways, and public awareness. One such program to advance these goals is CyberWatch K-12, which promotes cybersecurity education by leading collaborative efforts to strengthen the national cybersecurity workforce."
- "A volunteer program that offers teaching materials for grades K-2, 3-5, middle and high school. The program teaches young people cybersecurity, cyber safety, and cyber ethics."
- "InfraGard Awareness is a FREE information security awareness course that will help you understand how you can help make your workplace more secure. It will also teach you vital skills to protect yourself and your family from cybercrime and identity theft. The course is free to all individuals and small businesses. And when you have completed the course, you can become one of the first in the nation to earn your "Certificate in Information Security Awareness in the Workplace," an invaluable addition to any resume that will be welcomed by security conscious employers."